Monday, October 18, 2010

Kevin's gift...


First, I just love this picture of Kevin and Rob. Kevin looks so full and healthy and yummy. I honestly have to refrain from gobbling him up head to toe. When we were planning the Rockathon last year, we were waiting for Kevin. Now we're about to have another Rockathon for New Day...and he's HERE! It's just so surreal and really cool how God does adoption. Really.

Second, Kevin gave Rob this silver boat for his birthday. It says "The man who walks with God always gets to his Destination." What a simple truth for all of us. Walk with God. Or ride in a boat with God. Or fly in a plane with God. Whatever your mode of transportation, make sure you are WITH GOD! Make sure your priorities are HIS priorities. (loving others)
Make sure you are bathing your todays and tomorrows in prayer. (He ordains your steps)
Make sure you wait to hear from Him. (His thoughts are not our thoughts)
The man who walks with God always gets to his Destination!

...now that doesn't mean the road's not gonna get hard and scary. Matter of fact, it will. I love the song "Through the Fire"....when it says:
"And He never promised the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb
He never offered victory without fighting but He said help would always come in time.
Just remember when you’re standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says give in
Just hold on, our Lord will show up and He will take you through the fire again"

What wonderful Hope we have....that when we walk with God, we always get to our Destination!
"1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

mamamargie said...

Excellent thoughts!

Our Journey to China said...

Wow! God is so good, thank you for reminding me of why we are on this journey and to hold on. It just really touched me to ready this post. :0) I hope you won't mind if I 'copy' the scriptures to remind me. :0) Love to you ALL!

Trace Car Driver said...

love it! laine, at first i thought it said rob looked so good and healthy and yummy! :o) seriously. then i re-read it and saw kevin not rob! happy birthday rob...

Kristi said...

You have no idea how much we are wanting to be there to rock. Still looking for a way to be in AL on a Friday afternoon...
And thanks for the destination reminder! Sometimes I try to get places on my own forgetting that just heading there with God IS the destination!

TanyaLea said...

Awesome...I got your email and so happy to see you are doing year 2 of the Rockathon!!...so wish I lived closer and could rock with ya'all!! :)

Loved this post, Laine... it really blessed me. You have such a gift in teaching, you really do! ...and you lead by example, which I love about you. His light truly shines through!! <><

Happy belated b-day to Rob... what a GREAT gift from Kevin! So glad your baby is home to ROCK ON with you this year!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Beautiful thoughts my friend...I just love your heart and each time I come here I am always fed by the Word. I love you!!!!

P.S. Happy Birthday Rob!!!!!!!!!!

CK said...

Thanks Laine!

Jewels of My Heart said...

what wonderful words of truth. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for your love for the Lord. thank you for all of your prayers and support for our family.
God bless you friend,
Daleea