Sunday, November 7, 2010

RockarockarockaTHON!

(Flu update: One of the six is on the road to recovery--others are still sick. But we are making it by the grace of God! Kevin is tolerating the flu and it doesn't seem to be compromising him--please pray this continues! Thank you for praying!)

It's that time again!

Are you ready to ROCK FOR ORPHANS at New Day Foster Home in China?

Join us!


SAVE THE DATE! Friday November 19, 2010
Agape Baptist Church Pinson, Alabama
6:00 p.m.
Bring a crock-pot of soup or chili, a board game or dominos, and get ready to rock on! ;)

Do you remember the Rockathon last year? God raised over THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS for New Day! Through our little bitty small town Rockathon! You can go HERE to re-visit that fun evening!

This year we desire to rock again, and put the funds toward the day to day expense of running New Day South--formula, diapers, hiring nannies, etc. New Day South currently has one sweet little guy--Kenneth-- and they anticipate the arrival of new babies as soon as they can hire nannies! How exciting!

We have committed this Rockathon to the Lord, we have prayed and prayed over it, and we want HIM to receive all the glory! By participating, you will be answering God's call in His Word to "take care of widows and orphans in their distress" (James 1:27), and "defending the cause of the widow and orphan, giving them food and clothing" (Deuteronomy 10:18).

Will you please pray about how God wants you to be involved? There are several ways:
1. PRAY that God will bring in the funds HE wants for New Day South!
2. BE A ROCKER! All you have to do is rock for 15 minutes and ask friends and family to sponsor you (maybe a dollar per minute?). If you want to be a Rocker, email me and I will give you the sign up information!
3. SPONSOR A ROCKER! Look below for a list of our "rockers" who have signed up so far!
4. DONATE A BAKED ITEM for the bake sale that will take place during the Rockathon
5. JUST COME AND ENJOY GOOD FELLOWSHIP!



List of Rockers:

Ferrill family
Symasek family
Ashley & Kennedy Sing
Clark family
Lily Mei Carter
Thompson family
Mason family
McDonald family
Beasley family
George & Cindy Jones
Olivia, Annabel, Grace, & Quinn Perkins
Robin Keller
Michelle, Brooke, & Kayti Quick
Josey & Anna McConnell
Sidney Ledbetter
Hannah, Rachel, & Craig Huggart
Kristy & David Hicks

ARE YOU THE NEXT PERSON ON THE LIST? :)

If you want to be a rocker, let me know and I'll add you to the list! :)

8 comments:

Southern Cheesehead said...

We can't be rockers because we'll be unable to come that night, but we're still going to donate. Maybe I can give you a check Halloween if I remember. Remind me please!!!

Kristi said...

I'm not sure we're going to be able to get down there so early on a Friday (gotta save precious vacation time for an upcoming trip to Asia and all) but I will be sponsoring those little Ferrill rockers!
And who knows, maybe the kids and I will take a risk and come sans daddy...

DeEtte said...

What fun! Wish we could help. We will pray. Got your comment on my blog - hey, I haven't been so good about checking in on anyone lately. :-) Prison was this past weekend - but thanks for your offer! It was great. putting update on my blog now.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I do remember this from last year? Yay for raising money for such a special place in China. Praying everyone will hear the call!!!!!!!!!!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Praying your Rockathon is a HUGE success!! Maybe double last year?! :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

I am ready, ready, ready!! Of course my heart is soft for New Day too - I can't wait to return one day & hold some babies! Until then - we will watch you rock for them :) What a great cause!

jhand said...

Hey Ferrills! We are leaving for China Thanksgiving week. Email me when you get a chance, I know that you are in nurse mode with the flu at your house, but I would love to hear about your stay at the Garden Hotel. Thanks a bunch! And good luck with the Rock-a-thon!
Julie Hand

Jewels of My Heart said...

Praying for healing for your family...
What a wonderful fundraiser.... will be praying for that too!!!
I just want to thank you for all your prayers, words of encouragement and for making my heart smile.
What a blessing you are.
Keep shining bright sister!
Love,
Daleea