Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's all said and done....

The checks for the Rockathon just seemed to pour in daily, well after the rocking was over. Amazing! I think the last of the donations has come in (maybe!) and our grand total is.....


$6,746.42

That is nothing but the hand of GOD! Oh when I think of the sacrifices you have all made on behalf of Kenneth and those orphans yet to come to New Day South. Bless you all abundantly.

And the checks are IN THE MAIL! Finally! (Sorry for the delay in that, guys. I know it's nice to have a check cleared promptly.)

I wish we could do a Rockathon more than once a year! It is just so fun! And isn't it EPHESIANS 3:20 that God more than doubled the amount from last year????????? Thank you Jesus! That was totally unexpected. That was totally HIM!

Twister provides a great opportunity to take a picture of the back of the Rockathon shirts!

We love to wear ours! Thank you all so much for ordering shirts....just from the shirt sales we raised 150.00 for New Day! Woo hoo! (Your shirts are coming, Monica and LM! And Doug & Janice too! :) This was our first time to do t-shirts. I learned a lot! (The shirts are no longer available, but save up for next year! :)

Thanks again to EVERYONE, especially Agape Baptist Church and Pastor Chase Thompson for hosting us! YOU ROCK!

15 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Whoo-hoo!!! God is good all the time!!! Thank you for all your hard work and your love for the New Day babies!!

You Rock!
Love,
Monica and Lily Mei

The Ferrill's said...

Add 102.00 to that amount! I just got another sweet friend wanting to donate 100.00 AND Carlie's dance friend brought her 2.00 for New Day. Precious!

delucchi family said...

Wow that looked like loads of fun.Well done you. Love the t-shirts.
Love Jules
xxx

Football and Fried Rice said...

Amazing, Laine!!!! So happy for the New Day kids!!

Kristi said...

Cold chills! That is an AMAZING total!!! And T-shirts? I didn't realize there were going to be t-shirts ahead of time. Must know the date for next year's rock-a-thon. We'll plan our fall around it!

Bailee JESUS freak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I love orphans said...

Ms.Laine
I loved the Rock a Thon so much!! I love orphans in China and orphans everywhere!! I pray that someday God (my heavenly Father) will change my earthly father's heart!! I want a baby from China so bad!!
Love you and thank God for what he has called your family to do !!
Bailee McDonald

The Byrd's Nest said...

Great job everyone! What a miracle!!!

Ashley said...

PRAISES!
Hope yall are having a wonderful December!
Cannot wait till Rock A Thon 2011!

Much love, The Perkins

Southern Cheesehead said...

We haven't given you our check yet...granted it won't make a huge difference, but I need to give it to you!

Keri Mason said...

So glad it went well! I actually have been meaning to send a check. Is there a way we can still give? Also, will you link our ornament fundraiser button on your blog for me? The site is ornaments4adoption.org...or you can just go to our blog and scroll down to that post. Hope yall are great...love you!

smallseven said...

Laine, I'm SO excited at what God has done in all of this! I'm praying next year He'll double this year or more! It looks like it's not all said and done. Looks like some are still planning on giving! Yay God! I saw some of your boys at the Clay parade today! Love you,
Heather

MichelleQ said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since I've been to your blog! I'm so happy the Rock-a-thon went well and so sad that we didn't get to participate--maybe next year. I'm gonna have to get back in the habit of looking here more often--your posts are so inspiring! Blessings!

The Byrd's Nest said...

LAINE FERRILL!!!!!!! I love you and miss your bog posts!!!!!! (Just saying:) I'm sure you have nothing else to do but write about your family just for me...lol!

Praying you have the most amazing Christmas with our Savior ever!!! Love you:)

Kristy said...

Yay God!!! How awesome is this??
How are you long lost friend/blogger? (I've been the lost one ;o) !
Hope all is well with your clan....we are WONDERFUL.
All caps, baby.
Blessings ~