Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Making 1600 Butterfinger cookies

THAT is NOT an exaggeration! Jill and Troy, Rob's sister and bro-in-law, "hired" me to make cookies to give to Troy's clients. All 100 of them. With 16 cookies in each tin. And that's not all...they gave me a big ol' sum of money for our adoption, AND included in each tin a sweet note telling about our family and that the proceeds from the purchase of the cookies was going for "Cookies For A Cause"...to help fund another orphan coming home!
I was so overwhelmed by their generosity and how the Lord brought this to their mind!
And I was PUMPED at how 100 more people will be made aware of the plight of the orphan! How I pray that hearts are stirred!



We had some great helpers, and thank you Howard family for making my cookie business a "dream come true"! ;)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

smallseven said...

God is So good! I love those cookies of yours by the way! I remember them from sharing day a few years back. YUM! Hey, did you ever get a mixer?

Laine said...

LOL! No! All mixing done by hand! ;)

Kristi said...

So scratch the comment earlier about us supplying the cookies...
Wowzers, that's A LOT of cookies. And what a wonderful reason to bake them all. Only request, call me and I'll bring my crew to help out next time!

Southern Cheesehead said...

I love this! We need to think of a good fundraiser for us...I'm trying not to freak out!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Butterfinger cookies??? Yummmm!!!!!You rock sister!