Thursday, January 20, 2011

SO SWEET!

Thank you ALL so very much for your encouraging words and sweet remarks about little Keith! It's so heart warming to know there are so many others praising the Lord with us!

A sweet little birdie at New Day sent us pictures of Keith "meeting" us via a photograph of our family.

His first reaction?

He ran and hid!

(Obviously our photograph is not enticing him...)


Bless his heart. I really think I would run and hide too! Wouldn't you? Looking at this photograph with 57 people in it (maybe a little exaggeration there) and someone telling you, "This is your new family!"

I might not just run and hide. I might scream and cry and pull my hair out!

Alas, hopefully he will realize we don't bite (mostly--Kevin may try to take a chunk out of ya every now and then but for the most part...). And hopefully he will realize how very much we love and want him. And hopefully he will realize how God picked him out for us and us out for him. And hopefully he will like us.
Until then we will just pray the the Lord will give him a peace about us. Not that Keith will have much peace and quiet when he becomes a Ferrill...because, well, there's just not much of that around here. But thankfully you can have peace on the inside even if there's a lot of chaos around you. It's that blessed "peace that passes understanding"! Yall know what I'm talking about!

He did warm up to our picture after awhile! That sweet little birdie at New Day even told us he began to show us off to his friends. :)

I can only imagine what Keith's New Day buddies thought. Maybe Ethan said, "Whoa DUDE. That is a LOT of people!"
And if my mind races to that place, the place where I think about his foster brother Logan and his foster parents...and how they've raised him. And how they will miss him. Oh the heart ache comes so quick. Foster parents. What a gift they have! Thank you Lord for that gift. Words really cannot convey the emotions involved.

I do want to write this testimony to Keith. Every word! I want to do it justice. So I will wait a bit more....and write it when I can get my thoughts (and past journal entries) together! It is so good to look back and see the path the Lord has taken us on. He is SO FAITHFUL!

14 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Oh my word, Laine ~ I'm BAWLING!! Seriously, this completely caught me off guard. That's what I get for being so out-of-touch with everyone these days! I knew that you were back on the road of another wonderful journey, but had NO idea it was "Keith" ~ oh my heart!! I LOVE that he and Kevin will always share that New Day bond! It's a bond I pray will happen for Khloe one day soon, too. God bless you and your beautiful family. I am SO excited for you, I'm shaking as I type this! CONGRATULATIONS FERRILL FAMILY!! Love you all! <><

Amy Murphy said...

That is just so precious! I almost cried. I am just bursting with joy that another BOY is going to have a family!!!

Sherri said...

How beautiful! I am so excited for you (and also slightly jealous)!

He is a doll!

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a very special treasure for someone to send you! lol..he probably was thinking that! My heart is so happy for you...love you!

Kristi said...

Maybe he and Daniel can have some buddy therapy time on the family picture thing...
What a sweet blessing that you are able to see those moments!

Keri Mason said...

So happy for you all, Laine. Who would have known 3 1/2 years ago the journey the Lord was beginning in your lives. I am humbled and grateful to have been a small part of it as we became mommies to our Chinese children for the first time. Love you and praying for you often!

Danae said...

Just wanted to say congrats! Keith's New Day sister, Reagan, is going to come home with us this summer!
I look forward to following your journey to this sweet boy!

-Danae

Greg and Steph said...

Laine!!!
I am so thrilled for you and your family!!! Keith is so beautiful!!!! How absolutely amazing!!!!
Praying for all the wonderful Ferrills!
BLESSINGS!
Steph

Aly said...

Laine,
Oh be still my heart! He is so precious! He ran and hid, how sweet!
John said that he probably thinks he is being adopted by a school! ;) hee hee!
We are just so stinkin' excited that Adahlyn's buddy will be "right up the road" from her! She is SO excited!
Love you all!
Alycia

Jennifer Taylor said...

Oh my goodness!! I totally missed the post before this one. Many congratulations to you guys! What a blessing!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Your little man is so darling! And I can't help it Laine, you crack me up!
Kevin wasn't hiding.... he just had to sit down to take in the wonder of it all........ How the Lord has blessed him with such a beautiful family and how his family is so blessed with the addition of such a precious little guy.
Thank You Jesus!
God's speed.....
Love,
Daleea

Our Journey to China said...

Woo-Hoo! So glad to see these sweet pictures of Keith 'meeting' his new family. :0) God is so good. I think he and Daniel will have alot to share about at New Day until their families are able to bring them home (and after of course!).

Oatsvall Team said...

I have missed you sweet friend ... so excited about your newest angel ... Your life screams of the LORD and it encourages me !!!

love ya and will be praying !!!

Tanya said...

Oh my word - he is precious!!! I am rejoicing with you. Congratulations, and I'll be praying along this next journey to bringing sweet little Keith home to his forever family!