Friday, February 4, 2011

Carlie's Cousin Birthday!

When I asked Carlie how she wanted to celebrate her double digit #10 birthday, giving her the options of all kinds of parties, etc....she chose to invite her "same age" cousins from out of town for a "reunion".
WHAT a reunion it was!

The kids and I had stayed the previous week at GranMarts, trying to get her unpacked and a little more settled back in Mobile. All that cleaning out produced all kinds of things for our cousin fiesta....fake eyelashes, make up galore, and endless supplies of lotions and creams.




The grand finale of this all girls weekend (plus Carlie's brothers and daddy) was the beauty pageant Saturday night. In our home. With the brothers judging. It took 5 hours to prepare for this pageant that lasted 30 minutes. :) But oh it was so worth it!
(and I know my sisters want more pics of the pageant, so Rob is going to set up a web album shortly for you to view more of the fun!!)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Just think...a year ago tomorrow, Carlie really WAS preparing to dance in Miss UM! I'm so glad y'all had fun. And I must admit that I'm partial to that pretty yellow dress Carlie wore for the pageant. It looks a lot like one I used to have! ;)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh what fun!!! I want to come and live with you;)

Anna Grace said...

Hey they look so cute
Anna Grace Howard