Saturday, March 5, 2011

Seasons....

Is it possible to be in more than one season at a time? I'm here to tell you, that yes it is.

Especially if you have multiple children of multiple ages and throw in the boy/girl differences and you've got at least four seasons of life happening in one day. (And I KNOW I have friends who can join me in the different seasons...lots of friends with adult children, teens, and toddlers all at once--so fun!)

In one day we went from the girly girl season of getting dance costumes ready for picture day.....

Thank you Lord for 14 year old hands who eagerly sew ribbon on her own and her sister's ballet costumes!



Tea-dyed elastic to keep those hats on their heads while they dance....and hopefully the elastic will be flesh colored and not show up too much (not our own idea...the girls' fabulous dance teacher suggested this. she's smart, she is! :)

Costumes ready for picture day and then they will have a two month rest until the big recital!


...to the dirty, muddy season of a well worn soccer uniform belonging to one wet, worn-out almost 13 year old who played his heart out in the pouring down rain...


.....to the cute toddler 3 year old season of a little boy and his beloved blanket.




oh.....and the lotion in his hair too. Everyone needs a three year old! They are so much FUN!

I am so thankful for each of the seasons we pass through each day!

6 comments:

Our Journey to China said...

I totally understand your seasons. I just love that KK is who she is and so blessed to know her. And oh, sweet Kevin...just love him and all the other Ferrill kiddos as well. Miss you guys! We have to get together soon...and I can get you that stroller. Love and Hugs to you all!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh yes...I am always thankful when a new season begins. What a special family you have my friend. I love coming here and feeling some Ferrill Love!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh yes...I am always thankful when a new season begins. What a special family you have my friend. I love coming here and feeling some Ferrill Love!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebekah said...

Love it! Don't they say that variety is the spice of life? And the Lord says that there is a time for everything. Glad we get the blessing of enjoying it! :)

Ashley said...

If we could only skip sleeping ;).

Kristi said...

Could we borrow Katie Lyn for just a little while? We have lots of things that she could sew, Ian and I could use a few date nights, and Caleb keeps asking when she'll come back to give him another piggy back ride.
And the lotion in the hair? That's why all the lotion in our house is on top of the tallest dresser...
cute stuff though!