Friday, April 29, 2011

Lamentations 3

38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
that both calamities and good things come?

It has been a week of calamity and a week of good things.

We may be smiling in this picture but they are very *nervous* smiles. We've never felt the need to put helmets on our children and get under a mattress because of an approaching storm. But this storm was like no other.

Our community suffered very little damage. After the storm we found lots of debris in our yard. Small pieces of siding from a trailer. A receipt from a pharmacy located in Tuscaloosa (95 miles from our home) Tid bits that represent someone's life...and someone's loss.

The devastation in surrounding areas is almost unbelievable.

Thank you to so many of you who have checked on us with emails and texts and phone calls...please don't stop praying for the people in Alabama (Georgia, too) who have lost loved ones, their homes, everything. Pray that God will show us clearly how to be His hands and feet to so many in need.

So sad and so surreal....yet:

22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

13 comments:

jhand said...

So glad to hear that you are o.k. We have been praying for you all, Lifeline, and other Lifeline families in AL.

Cindy Jones said...

I am glad to hear that all of you are ok. We are doing good on our side of town also even though we heard the thing pass right by us.

Hannah said...

Praying that you guys stay safe! Blessings to your family (are you all hidden behind that mattress or did you have to split up?)

Steve and Jan said...

Laine,

I am so glad you are all okay. I am definitely praying for those not so fortunate. What a great tragedy!

We miss you!
Jan

connie said...

So thankful you're ok, and praying for those who have suffered loss. We live in 'tornado alley' and we still take precautions when there's a warning!
Love you, Sister!

Tina said...

SO glad ya'll are safe!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I really cannot believe these storms and the rain and tornadoes...praying for everyone caught in the midst of the storms. Love you my friend.

Anneli J. said...

Laine~ So glad you and are your family is safe. I must say my heart stopped when I heard about the tornadoes in AL, not only because my boyfriend is in south AL right now but of the many ND families I know throughout the state. Praying for those affected by the storm.

Blessings,
Anneli

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you guys were okay!

DeEtte said...

Whew! Glad y'all are okay. We were right there with you - in a basement with bike helments on the kids. Terrible destruction all around us, but our county (shelby) has escaped with very little damage and to my knowledge, no injuries. Very thankful ..yet sad for so many others. On a more positive note now, I met someone at church this morning who will be going to New Day this summer. I'm e-mailing you about it, but not 100% sure I have your correct e-mail. So if you don't get something from me today, let me know.

TanyaLea said...

Oh Laine ~ I am so sorry for the people who have lost so much, and at the same time SO grateful that God spared your town and your family. As soon as I heard it was heading towards Birmingham, I was praying for you. I knew you were located just NE of there, and my heart sank. I did a shout out for prayer for you and some other friends in the south who were also in the midst of those scary storms. I know you had many praying for you, and for God's hedge of protection to surround your home and your property. I'm just so glad that everyone is okay. We are keeping those who were not so fortunate in our thoughts and prayers.

BIG HUGS,
~Tanya

Jewels of My Heart said...

So thankful you were all ok and we are praying for all those who are hurting.
Love,
Daleea

daynadelagarza72591 said...

Happy Birthday