Thursday, April 7, 2011

Waiting and Watching

Waiting waiting waiting...

Watching, watching watching...


Are we not ALL waiting on something or someone?

A job. A prayer to be answered. A friend. A release from chains. A child. A turn. A phone call. A house to sell. A tax-refund.

I want to be like this little fella while I wait!



Watching watching watching. Seeking seeking seeking! I don't want to miss ONE SINGLE THING while I wait.



And when God comes through, (or in this case, Thomas the Tank Engine) I want to be able to say that I looked hard for Him the whole time.

I never gave up! Like this little fella....

this little fella who has a cardiologist check up tomorrow (Friday). Will you pray that God will work His purposes through our doctor, giving him the wisdom and discernment he needs to know if Kevin might be ready for the Glenn surgery? We are praying God's will for little Kevin, and his little lungs, and his little (big) heart, and his little shunt. He sure has been doing great, praise the Lord! We are anxious to see how his lung pressures are chugging along... :)

7 comments:

Aaron and Erica said...

I love this post. I need this reminder sometimes! I don't want to miss a thing that He has for me along the way!

Love you and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Jennifer Taylor said...

Great post Laine! We will be praying for Kevin and the doctors tomorrow!

CK said...

Ohhh, such a gooood post, and YES we will be praying for tomorrow!

Hugs!

Kristi said...

You know we are praying every day for your sweet boy, but we'll step it up tomorrow...
And the waiting. Check yes for us in so many of those things you listed. I will be adjusting my rotten attitude and waiting with expectancy to see how God answers those prayers!
thanks for the reminder!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Praying for our sweet precious little Kevin today and for God's healing mercies!!!!

I feel your prayers my friend (but please don't stop!) and I have a ways to go but I am changing...my eyes are wide open now. I love you :)

Symasek Family Circus said...

Praying for Kevin today! "Waiting" is the story of our life right now :-) We are waiting on about 3 of the things you mentioned :-) Hopefully, the Lord sees me waiting like precious Kevin!

Our Journey to China said...

Thank you for the sweet and gentle reminder - God is so good to bless us with such awesome friends and such absolutely priceless children! I pray I can do better at waiting like Kevin and his sweet example. :0)