Thursday, May 5, 2011

No Doubt!

Oh thank you all for your sweet prayers and tears and comments about Paul's death. God is glorified through your love and care for the least of these.

There is no doubt in my mind how God wants me to honor Him in this. Yesterday, the day I found out Paul had died, a need was brought to my attention on several blogs that I follow. Are you familiar with the organization "Ordinary Hero"? Amazing. I would like to bring to your attention an immediate need at an orphanage in Ethiopia. This orphanage has some very sick babies, and they really need help. If the Lord is leading you, will you go HERE and read about them? Pray for them, and if He puts it on your heart, will you give to them?

When I found out Paul had died it made me want to race to China like Supergirl and save sick babies. That is just not possible. Number one, I'm not Supergirl. Number two, it's God's grace and sovereignty that saves them--not me. Number three, Supergirl would have to bring 8 kiddos with her and lots of schoolbooks.

BUT, I CAN give. I CAN listen very very closely to what He wants me to do...and I CAN obey.
I CAN honor Him in sad news. The needs are so very great...all over the world. The needs are so very great in my own STATE right now. It is SO overwhelming and at the same time, it is SUCH a privilege to be able to SERVE HIM! To open my hands, open my calendar, open my heart and say "Where? Which ministry? In this moment, Lord, what is my next step?"

Sometimes the next step is to the washing machine.

And sometimes the next step is on a plane...

Either step, He is with us!

"If Jesus ever commanded us to do something that He was unable to equip us to accomplish, He would be a liar. And if we make our own inability a stumbling block, or an excuse not to be obedient, it means that we are telling God that there is something which He has not yet taken into account." Oswald Chambers

2 comments:

Southern Cheesehead said...

Oh, amen, Laine, amen!!! and my next step probably SHOULD be to the washing machine, but I WISH it was on a plane...want my baby girl so much more badly now that we're this close! Praying for the Pauls of this world even more...

The Collier Bunch said...

Wow what a blessing. God really has his hand in this and is providing in a great way for you. We are very happy for you all.