Monday, May 30, 2011

She is Six!

We celebrated Kimmie last Thursday when she turned SIX!


Can you believe it?

I can not! I am not blinking anymore because everyone is just growing up too fast. So when you see me around town with my eyes really wide, don't worry...I just don't want to miss anything! :)

Our sweet girl began her day opening gifts. When asked what she wanted for her birthday, the only thing she wished for was "art stuff".

Her wish was granted with crayons, paints, an easel, coloring books, crafts, shrinky-dinks, markers, anything artsy!

She wants to be an artist when she grows up...


and there is no doubt that whatever Kimmie sets her mind to, she will accomplish it! She lets NOTHING get in her way.

Her brothers and sisters planned a 'show' as the finale for Kimmie's special day. With Carlie on keyboard, Quan on bass guitar, Katie Lyn and Clay on vocals singing Toby Mac, Colby on drums, Kevin and Candie as the dancers....it was quite the production. They wanted to make sure Kimmie was very entertained!



And Kimmie?


She's worth it all!

13 comments:

Cindy Jones said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kimmie!!! I can't believe you are 6. It seems like yesterday that you were in Cubbies with us. We love you!

Mama Hen said...

She is adorable Laine! I love her little haircut!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kimmie!!!!! You are such a special little girl:)

Our Journey to China said...

Oh my goodnes - six! Happy Birthday, sweet Kimmie!!!! She looks so grown up with her haircut, so adorable. We still have her coloring work from the cabin and love it! Miss you guys!

Aaron and Erica said...

Happy Birthday Kimmie! You look like you are already a wonderful artist!!!

Paula said...

Happy Birthday, Kimmie! You are the cutest thing and so very sweet and adorable! We love you dearly! And I think I recognized that paint-by-number you were painting. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Kristi said...

Sweet Kimmie! Happy, happy birthday (a few days late). Our family just loves you little one.

The Collier Bunch said...

Happy birthday Kimmie. Sounds like you had a great day.

living4him5 said...

Sweet precious little girl!!!

Now I'm going to go see what Keith is up to!

(((hugs)))
Amy

Steve and Jan said...

Happy 6th Birthday, Kimmie! Looks like you had the coolest birthday ever!

Laine, I had forgotten she and Tess were about the same age (Tess was 6 in March). Our babies ARE growing up, aren't they?! I have been walking around with that same wide-eyed look for a while now. I don't want to miss anything either!

Big hugs from all of us!!!

Jan

Shalita said...

Happy Birthday, Kimmie! You are quite an artist and one incredibly special little girl! I love you so, so much!

jhand said...

Happy belated birthday Kimmie! Josh noticed that the two of you have much in common. Mostly that you both want to be artists, but also you are both adopted from China, both have glasses, wear patches, and don't let anything stop you from doing/trying what you want to do. Hope that you get to meet your new brother and sister soon.

Joscelyn said...

Happy very belated birthday Kimmie!! I know your special day was a great one!!