Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This Blog Has Been Rescued!


I have never been techno-savvy with the blog. Thanks to sweet friends like Connie and Mandi, our blog has always looked adorable!

I don't know if any of you saw the 'attempt' I made at changing our blog to include pictures of Keith and Krisha (by the way, have I told yall yet that we are going to call her 'Crickett' for a nickname? :) We are. ...more on the 'why' later..)

My attempt at creating a new blog look was sad. I mean, I just do not have that knack.

So I enlisted Rob to help me.

He tried his best to figure out these free blog design websites. Man, it was confusing. He finally got something up and running...and even though it had a lot of empty white spaces, how could I complain? I mean, I certainly could not do a better job--I gave up way sooner than he did...too many choices for me.

So I resigned myself to the fact that it's a blog...and it's okay that it's got empty white spaces, and there are more important fish for us to fry at this moment in time.

But then my blog was rescued! :)

My sweet friend Desiree emailed me to see if I would like a little 'help' with my blog. It made me so happy!

Does your blog need a little help too? Or maybe, you would just like a fresh look with recent pictures?
Please visit Desiree at her blog re-design site HERE or click on the Blessed Mama Designs button on my side-bar. She is fund-raising to bring home another precious child from China! Her blog-redos are SO affordable, and she takes all the pressure off yourself to do it. And to top it off, she is TALENTED and HAS THAT KNACK I LACK!

Sure, it's just a blog...but I'm learning that making things fresh and pretty is more and more important these days. Looking at details causes us to slow down and really savor in the beautiful of life. And I think there is so much that is HARD in life, that the BEAUTIFUL needs to be noticed and appreciated!

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Thank you Desiree for helping make our blog so beautiful!

6 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

It's precious and fits your family perfectly...I can't wait to see those two precious miracles with the entire family!!!

Desiree' said...

aww...thanks Laine! You are way to sweet and I enjoyed helping with your blog!!

Jean said...

I love it!! She did a great job!! I am planning to have a blog make over too by Mandi!! So excited!!

IT LOOKS GREAT!!
Love the nickname Crickett!!

Mrs C said...

Looks Great!

The Princess's Mommy said...

I love it!!! Great job!! And Crickett...TOO CUTE!!!!!!!

Love ya,
~M

Kristi said...

What a great new look! The header is especially nice. Had to smile seeing Keith and Crickett up there!