Monday, August 29, 2011

Spotlight: My Soul Mate!

Ok, I'm already in trouble for doing this because she knows what I'm up to. She absolutely hates it when she get's attention because she doesn't want people to celebrate her. This is one of the true signs of humility. I'm not kidding when I say I'm in trouble. But I think it's worth it to recognize what a treasure the Lord has blessed me with... the one I get the privilege of calling wife, soul mate, best friend.

I wanted you guys to know that today is Laine's birthday so that you can celebrate with us. This woman that God has allowed me to call friend since 1984 and wife since 1993 blesses me more every day. Her desire know God and to be closer to him every single day is inspiring to say the least. Now don't get me wrong, she is not perfect. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for the love of God inside her, she would be hopeless. It is this love friends that you all see and read about that draws you to Laine. It is God's love in Laine that gives her such a passion for 147 million orphans. It is God's love that leads her to sacrifice for her family every day. It is His love that helps her write inspiring blog posts and encouraging comments on many of your blogs.

So... when you go to say thanks to her today for who she is in celebration of her bday, give those thanks to God, because that's where Laine would point you to.




21 comments:

jhand said...

Happy Birthday Laine! Praising God for His work in your life and family and praying that He will pour out His blessings on you!!

Paula said...

Rob, I'm so glad you highlighted the high-lighter! I love you, sweet Laine, and I love Jesus in you even more! Happy Birthday!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Laine!! You are such a blessing! Hope you had a great one! (Jax Birthday is tomorrow!)

Cindy Jones said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope that you have a great day!!!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday, my sweet friend!! I hope you have an awesome day with all your precious blessings!

Love you!
Monica

Alycia said...

Laine! i hope you had A WONDER-FILLED birthday!
We love you!!
Praying blessings over your new year!

Much love,
Alycia and all

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Laine, I hope you have a wonderful one!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend! You are a blessing and treasure. Truly His love flows so steadily and strong through you.

Blessings!
Ashley

The Collier Bunch said...

Happy Birthday Laine, hope you had a great and blessed day.

Jennifer Taylor said...

Happy Birthday Laine!! Sorry I'm a day late, but I truly hope you had an amazing day!!

Mike and Barb said...

Happy Birthday, my dear bloggy friend!!!! You are such an inspiration, and when I grow up, I want to be like you ;-)
Barb
(would you like a turtle for a birthday present? LOL)

familyof8 said...

Happy Birthday!! Praying you had a great day!! Kylie and I have connected...am so thankful for the opportunity to "love on her" a little bit. I truly believe she is here for a purpose that God is revealing.

Hope to see you soon!!!

Love,
Christine

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday, Laine! I'd say you're BOTH blessed!

Mama Hen said...

AWWWW, Rob you are so sweet! And everything you wrote is so true! Happy Day to you Laine!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I am so thankful for my sweet Laine:) Thank you God for creating this very special woman, wife, mom and friend....there is no one like her:)

Happy Birthday to my sweetest friend who I will never ever stop praying for!!!

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday to one of the most wonderful Moms I know! I hope you had a GREAT birthday Laine :)

Waitingfaithfully said...

Happy belated Birthday dear friend! I am thankful for the day we "met", though I have no idea how or when that was . . . and I am thankful for the way you shine Jesus, always . . . no matter what the circumstance.

Thank you Jesus for my friend, Laine. Thank you for the way she shares her love of You with us. Thank you for her full life, and for the way her blessings spill over onto all she comes in contact with! I am blessed!

Love from Texas~

Tina

Kristi said...

Laine,
Ugh, I can't believe that I missed your birthday. (I'm tempted to blame it on not getting private blogs through RSS feed, but I do remember wanting to head to AL last August...)
You are an inspiration to me! I am blessed to be able to call you friend. Looking back on things now, I see why God had our family on the slow track to get to Darcy...
Love you!
Kristi

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Laine - I sure hope you had a fabulous birthday!! Thanking the Lord for the gift of YOU into this world - it truly is a better place with you in it!

Our Journey to China said...

So sorry I am late, friend....HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sweet Friend!!! We love you!!!

Aaron and Erica said...

I'm thanking God for you today Laine! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, but I want to tell you I love your heart for Him! You are such an encouragement to me and I'm thankful today for our friendship. Happy belated birthday!

Erica