Thursday, October 27, 2011

4 more days!

Today Kevin and I were waiting on all the other kiddos to finish running at track. An airplane flew overhead and I said, "Look, Kevin! An airplane! In 4 days we'll be getting on one of those to fly to China!"

He said, "4? 4? 4? Okay, let me count..." then he sat down because that is what he does when he means serious business, and he proceeded...

"1.....2.....3......4"

Then he looked around with his eyebrows all scrunched up and said, "Why we not flyin'?"

Bless it. I explained to him that we would leave in 4 DAYS, not 4 SECONDS!

Silly bear.

Seriously, though. FOUR DAYS! So much to do! (I *may* have a teensy procrastination issue)

(and have I mentioned how thankful I am that all our kiddos going, and my momma is too!!!!!! and one other mystery guest is going to join us for the first leg of our trip and we're all pretty pumped about God opening the doors for this sweet friend to hop on a plane....)

(have I also mentioned I cannot believe that this time next week (Lord willing) we will be at New Day seeing Keith and Crickett and all those other sweet babies!!!!!!)

(oh and did I forget to mention that packing for 10 people in 2 different climates is really just one big party?)

(and also....can I tell you how thankful I am that Walmart is open 24 hours?)





Prayers appreciated! And please let me know how we can pray for you!

14 comments:

Amy said...

WE can't wait to follow your journey. We will be praying!! OH...and we got LOA! Blessings! The Hatchers

Donna said...

We will be praying for you and Rob and kids. I can't wait until it's my turn to pack and get on the plane to China.

Alycia said...

How exciting for you all! We are SO thrilled for you! Hug Karen for me, will you?
Love and prayers,
Alycia

jhand said...

So excited for you all!! We will be praying and checking the blog daily. Can't wait to see the first picture of the whole family together!!

Ashley said...

I cannot wait to see who your mystery guest is!!! I wish it was ME!!!

Okay, one word - BRAVE. You are so brave to being going to China again with everyone. It take a lot to load up our gang and head to church, little alone fly across the WORLD!!

I am so happy for yall and I cannot wait to see your new precious little ones in your arms.

I do have a prayer request ~ please pray that we will be able to visit ND when we travel. THANK YOU!!!! Hug and love those sweet treasures there for the Perkins.

CANNOT WAIT CANNOT WAIT CANNOT WAIT!

Much love

Tanya Hindman said...

Whew! I will be praying for traveling safety and no delays or distractions to keep you from getting to your babies! Also, asking God to give you extra strength and energy as you pack and get everything done in the next 4 DAYS!!

Jennifer Taylor said...

Laine, that is so exciting!! Praying for a safe trip for you all! Looking forward to seeing pictures of you holding your precious new babies! Blessings!!!

Southern Cheesehead said...

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what else to say! We're praying...have been and will continue. Will there be a different address for us to keep up with you guys? I'm quite sure you know how to pray for us since you know where we are in the process so I won't put down the "same ol' stuff". :-) Love you guys so much!!

Tina said...

Praying for ya'll! My friend that will be there same time as ya'll is Kim Mintz

mintzjourney.blogspot.com

Love,
Tina

Keri Mason said...

Praying for yall Laine! Can't wait to see how it all unfolds. We got our fingerprint appointment...Nov. 15th...one step closer to US getting on a plane to China :0) Love yall!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Praying as you pack, my friend . . . I cannot even imagine that task! And then I will pray as you go . . . and as you scoop those precious babes up in your arms!!! Squeeeeeal!! So excited for y'all!

Love from Texas,

Tina

living4him5 said...

PRAYING for all of you!!!

So very excited to see those precious babies in your arms.

Much love,
Amy

Our Journey to China said...

We have been thinking about you guys, praying for you and talking about your trip all week! We are so excited for you!! Can't wait to see those sweet ones in your arms for good. WE love you all!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh dear...I cannot even imagine packing for that many people. Maybe I will begin praying for a special friend to be waiting for you when you get home to do all of your laundry:)