Friday, October 14, 2011

My First Novel

Some people tell me I need to write a book. That makes me LAUGH! WHO HAS THE TIME TO WRITE A BOOK? I can't even seem to find the time to WRITE A BLOG POST!!!!!

So I am just going to write a novel right now.

Title: What We've Been Doing The Last Two Weeks

Chapter 1: Praying
We've been praying a LOT about who is going to China with us. a LOT.

Chapter 2: Driving
We now have another driver in the house. Katie Lyn got her driver's permit this week! (We were so nervous...the two girls in line before her didn't pass the test! Thank you Lord she passed!)

Chapter 3: Crying
Today we found out that a little sweetie we'd been praying for in China passed away last night. She was so loved. She was another little heart baby....oh these heart babies. God help us carry them well!

Chapter 4: Running
Our kiddos are running cross-country and loving it! We ALL love it because it is something we can do as a FAMILY. WE LOVE TO RUN!

Chapter 5: Singing
We've sung Happy Birthday to Clay and Sunday we'll sing to Rob. Birthdays are a sweet time for us. We wake up super early and pile on my bed and open presents. Since we do birthdays pretty big around here, we are going to change some Christmas traditions this year. Christmas gifts decrease, Christmas TIME TOGETHER increase!

Chapter 6: Praising
Ever praising God! We are called to be thankful in ALL THINGS. We are thankful for all the provision He has brought for our trip to China (thank you!). We are thankful for wet beds (no names). We are thankful God allowed us to homeschool in the summer so we can take a really long break until January and get to know our new babies. We are thankful for holey socks. We are thankful for a big table where we eat warm soup together and talk about everything under the sun. We are thankful for bloody noses. We are thankful for 13 plane tickets to bring us all home plus my mom from China. We are thankful for arguments on whose turn it is in Candyland. We are thankful for new friends and old friends. We are thankful for neighbors who kill rattlesnakes for us. We are thankful and praising God.

Chapter 7: Packing
We leave October 31. Every Single One Of Us. Leaving. October 31. I can't think of 2 sweeter pumpkins to go get on Halloween, can you? Can't wait to squeeze our lil punkins!

21 comments:

Rebekah said...

Can't wait to see those little pumpkins! Praising the Lord for His faithfulness to your family!!

jhand said...

So excited for you!! I remember that you came home with Candy on that same day 3 years ago. We will be praying for you and following your journey.

The Princess's Mommy said...

I would be first in line to get a copy of that book! Can't wait to see those precious pumpkins in your arms. God is good all the time!!

Love you,
~M

living4him5 said...

I am soooo excited all of you are heading to China!!! I am praying for safe travels and many blessings!!

Love ya all!
Amy

Catherine said...

I can't wait to see those 2 pumpkins in your arms :) Will you report to me on K-man's chin?! I will certainly be praying for you all... PS, I am passing through brimingham tomorrow. I am going to see intern Meredith at the summit if anyone in your family would like to join :) No pressure as you have lots of packing to do! I will make a trip back to AL after you all come home!!!! God Bless! Love to everyone!

Amy said...

OH YEAH!!!!! You are going....ALL going!!!!! We will be praying!!! Still waiting for LOA over here...day 59 but who is counting????? Hugs! The Hatchers!

Our Journey to China said...

Oh, dear friend...what a busy time for you, what a full time for you, what an awesome time for you all! I am with "M", I will be right behind her in line for your book!!And WOW! what a blessing to take everyone and your mom to China! Can I fit one of your big suitcases? Well, as long as I am the top suitcase, since I have seen Rob in action stacking them for the train! LOL! We love you!!! We are praying for you!!!

Steve and Jan said...

Hi Laine!

Just catching up on all the news on your blog. So happy you will be traveling soon! As I was reading your posts, this verse popped into my head:

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

You all have given so much of yourselves and truly been a blessing to others. Now, the Lord is blessing you (abundantly)!

Can't wait to follow your newest journey!

Hugs from far away :(
Miss you all and our little town....

Love,
Jan

Ashley said...

Oh MY Laine! The time has finally come. What a blessing to be traveling with everyone and how dear for your mother to come along. As always, I loved reading your post. Your heart is so big and precious! I look forward to hearing about your exciting travels and I cannot even begin to imagine what your packing will be like ~ I am sure you have it down to a T!
Much love!
Ashley

Trace Car Driver said...

OHMYGOODNESSSSSSSSS! so super excited for ya'll... what a blessing that all of you get to travel to china, again! :o) god is SO good!!! will be praying for you... oct 31 is a big day for us too. my sister and her husband will be going to court to hopefully finalize their ADOPTION of our first cousin, who they've had custody for since he was 6 weeks old. he will be a year old thursday! so we will def be praying for ya'll on the 31, and the days to come! will you and rob do a blog like you usually do!?!?
lots of love!!!!

Aaron and Erica said...

WHAT???? YOU ARE LEAVING ON OCTOBER 31st???? WOOOHOOO!!!! I can't believe it!!! Oh my sweet friend, you have a lot of work to do in the next two weeks...but I guess you know that :) Our prayers are with you...we'll be holding you up!

Love,

Erica

Waitingfaithfully said...

Yay Ferrill Bunch, I'm so happy that you are traveling to China in Bunch Style! Laine, I'm pretty sure if someone in your family puts their photography skills to use , you could publish a picture book when you get home . . . "Stare Shots:China Style". Oh my!

Rejoicing that you will soon hold your littlest babes in your arms! Praying for you as you prepare to go!

Love,

Tina

Meredith T. said...

Laine, this is so so so exciting! I cannot WAIT to see you all on Friday and know that I will be praying for your family every day of your trip. I'm so excited to see Keith and little Crickett again!! Love you guys!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I'm so excited you are leaving and yay for one more person being a licensed driver in your family!! (hee hee) Love you and praying you to China and back:)

Kylie said...

Take me with you...PLEEEEEEEEASE Mrs. Ferrill. ;)

Jennifer Taylor said...

So excited for your ENTIRE family!!! What an amazing trip & full of memories! Can't wait to see a picture of everyone together!

Aimee said...

LAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAAAT?????????????????????????????????????????????


OH my. I haven't read your blog either in months. Are you getting 2 more babes????????????????????????????????????????

I think I might faint with happiness.

Southern Cheesehead said...

Love love love you guys. So sad that we haven't been able to get together to hear every detail about the last China trip, but so excited about THIS China trip!!! I can't wait to hear about it. I can't wait!!!!!! we're right behind you not too far!!!

Dollar General said...

I TOLD MY MOM YOU WERE RUNNING!!! I am jealous about how little you are...seriously! I want to be like you when I grow up - oh wait, we are the same age! DARN! It was so GREAT to see your face and hug you 3 times over before you left for China. I love your laugh and smile, and I miss you terribly! Praying over your trip next week!! Love love love you!! We continue to anxiously await to see all the Lord is using you to do! Thanks for letting us watch!!

Unknown said...

Laine...you Rock! I'm so proud for the wonderful lady/mommy/friend you have become. You are one amazing lady.
Im so excited about your two precious little pumpkins and cant wait to see them with your family.
Please give Rebecca and Lily a hug from us and that we will be seeing them hopefully in January.
Love you guys so much!

Kristi said...

So you are going to be a better blogger from China. Right?
Can't. Wait. to. see. those kiddos WITH your family again!!!
Wish we were coming with you...