Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ALL'S WELL KEITH AND KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!! Keith's heart looks like a "normal" heart, Dr. Romp said! His ASD surgery was successful, he doesn't have to go back for one year! He does see some valve regurgitation but it is slight and inconsequential. (I love seeing Dr. Romp so I can practice using the big words he teaches me)

Kevin's lungs are no better, but NO WORSE EITHER!!!! So...we really can't complain. Yes, we'd love for them to be HEALED...but we'll take what we get and praise the Lord! Kevin is trucking along...O2 sats still the same in the low 80s. ..lung pressures about the same....so we go back in the
summer and will have a heart cath after that. Six more months of just being a 4 turning 5 year old, we pray! Hearing Dr. R spell out all of Kevin's anomalies to the medical resident was quite overwhelming, and honestly, I just wanted to put my fingers in my ears and shut my eyes and sing the Sesame Street theme song. But I listened and praised God for our walking, breathing, strong-willed miracle boy. :)

All is well, friends. Thank you Lord!

And guess what else? I wasn't even one bit nervous about this appointment! Not afraid at all! God made sure I was busy busy busy until we got to the echo room...I mean busy busy busy for the last 48 hours that I haven't even had TIME to think about this appointment! And even waiting for our echo, I was busy singing every Sunday School song in my repertoire to keep Crickett, Keith, & Kevin occupied. Colby, Clay & Quan went with me and so they REALLY enjoyed the sing-along. (ha ha) Rob showed up and I had forgotten he said he was coming, so when he walked in I was all surprised and happy and he said, "You forgot I was coming?" I told yall, it's been a really busy busy busy 48 hours.

And guess what else God did at the appointment...He gave us an AWESOME parking place at UAB! (That's huge, just so you know)

I am smiling from ear to ear...so so thankful. God is faithful. Even when the news is not what we want...He is faithful. I praise Him for giving an "all's well" to our 3 precious kiddos this week. At the same time, I know that many do not have the "all is well" report....many many many of our friends and family. So as we express our grateful hearts, we also know that God is sovereign no matter what. There are so many people hurting around us who we can pray for, encourage, give to, serve....all we really have to do is open our ears and eyes and SEE. This Christmas, we've been given two new children and three good reports at doctor visits. On our knees, we praise Him and pray for those in need. We know you are praying for others because you have prayed for us....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! We felt the prayers. My prayer for each of you is this:
Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

We love you!

I'm tellin' yall...this kid's GOING to be president someday! Can yall guess who I caught in my bed not sleeping during naptime?

And, can you guess a different little someone who is turning FIVE tomorrow? I'll give you a hint--he has the most awesome smile in the world, the biggest, sweetest heart in the world, and he has only been a Ferrill for about a month! Feel free to wish a Happy Birthday to guess who! :


8 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Whoo-hoo!! God is good all the time!! So glad you got great news on all 3 kiddos! Will continue to pray for Kevin's little lungs to get better and better!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to precious Keith!!! Love that sweet smile! Hope tomorrow is the best day ever!!

Love ALL the Fab Ferrills!!
~M

jhand said...

PTL for the good news! Happy Birthday to Keith!
Merry Christmas Ferrill Bunch!
Love,
The Hand Family

Paula said...

God is so good! God is so good! God is so good; He's so good to me ... and to you!

Love you!

Alycia said...

Happy birthday Keith!!!!
Adahlyn (GuiNan)
is so excited that you are home, and she cannot wait to see you again!
We love you all!
Alycia and family

Kim said...

Laine, So happy for all your great news....God is sooo GOOD....don't ya just LOVE Him!!!!!!!!

and, if your the Laine that commented on my blog about the video....YES YES please post it on my blog....you never have to ask me to post anything....post away girly.

Love you,
Kim

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh God has been good!!!!! Praising Him with you my friend for all of this good news and we continue to pray for ALL of you:)

Happy Birthday to precious little Keith, I'm so happy he has a forever family to celebrate with him! Love you bunches!!!

Kristi said...

Blessings just continue to flow!
Know that we pray continually ~ DQ is Kevin's little prayer warrior. She never misses a night. NEVER.

Keisha said...

Wonderful NEws! Praise the Lord!
Hope you have continued Blessings in the NEW YEAR too!!
Love ya!
Keisha