Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day One Nicaragua!

I took my hubby and oldest child to the airport at 5:00 this morning and said a hurried goodbye....they were a little late, I think. They had some tearful goodbyes last night, mainly Katie Lyn with her siblings. It was so sweet.

About 5:00 this evening, I was talking with Rebekah on the phone (her husband Eric is our pastor and is leading the trip, and their oldest daughter Hannah is on the trip as well-such a great experience for these two 15 year old girls!)...we were discussing how each other was doing without our husbands and eldest daughters (Rebekah has a gaggle of kids too....)and then some of my kiddos came to tell me that Rob was trying to skype with us! Sure enough, I went to my computer and there he was, with palm trees all in the background. It looked so tropical....and HOT. He said it felt like Guangzhou.

Praise God they are there safe and sound! It was a sweet treat to see their faces tonight. They were heading out for dinner and the youth conference...

Thank you so much for praying for the team....may the good fruit be abundant!

In the meantime we are holding down the fort--- so far I think! Tomorrow the reinforcements arrive...Granmart and Scooter! WE CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

living4him5 said...

Praying for your hubby and baby girl!!

Love and hugs,
Amy

familyof8 said...

Praying that the time would be fruitful for everyone. A wonderful time for father and daughter. Praying for you as well!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Praying every day!!

Love ya!
~M