Sunday, April 15, 2012

Look closely...


it is a perfect airplane, is it not? Drawn so intricately on the arm of my sofa. At age 31, I think I would have flown off the proverbial handle. At age 41, I laughed. And it's still there. :)

The culprit? Oh I won't name any names. Though I will say when I scooped him up to show him this artwork, I didn't even have time to ask, "Did you do this?" Because when he saw his masterpiece, he said, "Oh, I did that!" When he saw my distressed look, he said, "Sorry?"

Oh. my.

To top it off, I found out that he did this while we were having family PRAYER TIME in the living room. We must have been really praying in the Spirit not to have even noticed what he was doing!!!!!!!

5 comments:

KK said...

LOVE HIM!!!!! Tried not to burst out laughing when he said "Sorry!" The intricate detail is amazing...maybe my little brother shall become an artist...an artist who draws on furniture! ;) When I grow up and have furniture for myself, I'll call you buddy!! :)

DeEtte said...

It's really good drawing!! But, I think I won't show my two. Who are old enough to have passed that stage..BUT..sometimes they forget they are old enough to have passed certain stages. (speaking of a child who is definately old enough to know not to take scissors to her hair. But who, uh, did. And the results are not pretty.) I love the adventures at your house. You have awesome kids. Awesome family. And now, an awesome, unique, one-of-a-kind couch. :)

Paula said...

Hysterical! We've come a long way in 10 years, haven't we??!

Go ahead, admit it. You didn't notice because you fell asleep during prayer time. Not that I would know anything about that ... "Okay, who wants to start, and I'll close." ... and then immediately you hear, "Mom, Mom ... are you going to pray??!!" Sometimes ... when one gets still and quiet ... well, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is pathetic!

The Byrd's Nest said...

LOL...I LOVE this kid!!!! You have to laugh:)And to your friend Paula...I was giggling so much at her post:)

Symasek Family Circus said...

Oh. My. Word. I LOVE it! Sorry. I really love it - it totally gives character! Dinner was awesome, by the way...and, guess what? Abby Grace only screamed through the last 20 minutes of dinner...and I even humbled myself and gave her the "You are always going to be a part of our family" speech - you should be proud because I really didn't feel like givin' that speech :-)