Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Family For Holly

I know my blog is private, and honestly I am not sure who exactly is still reading (though I do know for sure about some people because of your comments or just letting me know in conversation! Hi friends!)

Regardless of how many people read this...even if it's just one single person, I cannot keep silent about orphans.

And when someone asks me to advocate for one particular sweet girl, I cannot keep silent!

And when it happens to be one of the children we sponsor at New Day, I REALLY cannot keep silent!

Meet Holly.


An excerpt of an email from a precious Sister in Christ who sees Holly on a daily basis:
"Holly will be twelve in November. She has a little over two years to find a family before she has aged out. Recently, with her foster sister Hannah being adopted, Holly has expressed a great desire to go to America and have a forever family.

For years, Holly lived at the orphanage, her hope of being adopted growing smaller with every birthday she celebrated. Regularly, adoption agencies visited Holly’s orphanage, hand-picking children to place into adoptive families. But Holly was never picked. Monthly, Holly’s orphanage prepared adoption paperwork for children in their care. Holly’s paperwork was never prepared. Nothing was done that would enable Holly to be adopted, because no one ever thought that a family would chose her to be their daughter.

But we believe that “everybody” is wrong. We believe that there is a family out there for Holly. They just haven’t found her yet."

Clearly, Holly is a special girl, and we know that Holly is at New Day not by accident, but because God is faithful to care for the poor and needy, for the widow and the orphan.

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families," Psalm 68:5,6

Maybe you are the family? Maybe?

How could I know who her family is? All I can do is ask if you will pray for her, and pray for a Christian forever family for Holly. And I wonder if her family might be one of you.

We sponsor Holly and not too long ago we sent her a package through a family who was traveling to New Day. I had picked out an outfit for her, not knowing if I was guessing the right size.

Look how excited she was to get new clothes!

And look how adorable she looks in her new outfit, and how very happy she is!!!!


If you or anyone you know might be interested in reading more about Holly, you can go HERE.


And if want to inquire further about Holly's paperwork status, email
me (laineferrill@gmail.com) and I will give you a contact person!



4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh God bless her little heart. I'm not sure why but that makes me a little angry at the thought of agencies "hand picking" the children they want for their families. That doesn't seem right.

Our Journey to China said...

Oh, Laine, I have goosebumps for sweet Holly. Praying...praying...thank you for sharing this sweet child of God.

living4him5 said...

Oh my heart! Praying for Holly!!

Aaron and Erica said...

I'm still reading...not as often as I like, but as often as I can :) Sweet Holly will be in my prayers. She is a beautiful little girl. I miss you my friend! We must chat soon!

Erica