Sunday, July 22, 2012

Krisha!

Have I ever told you how we came up with the name "Krisha" for our Krisha?  Of course we lovingly call her Crickett all the time, but her legal name is Krisha, named after sweet Krisha at Lifeline, pictured above.  We love us some Krisha!  When we decided to tell our children we were adopting again back in the fall of 2010, Krisha was doing an interview with us for a Lifeline video.  We told her we were adopting again, and that we would love for her to somehow inform our kiddos of that during the video recording!  We were delighted that SHE would be the one to tell our children!  I also told her that if we adopted a girl, we would LOVE to name her Krisha if Krisha would let us have her name!  I think it's such an unique and beautiful name...and Krisha at Lifeline is such a beautiful girl, inside and out!  I can't think of a better role model for our Crickett...Krisha at Lifeline has such a gentle and quiet spirit.  I don't think Crickett is *quite* as gentle and quiet as her namesake...but there's hope she'll fill those shoes!  :)  (one day I will tell the story of how we knew we would have a "Crickett"....that is a sweet story involving another sweet strong woman named Cricket...)

Crickett turned THREE on July 6!  I remembered last year, on her 2nd birthday, she was still Xin Riuying, residing at New Day Foster Home.  Look at her birthday table full of New Day friends....so sweet!

                                    
 And look at her now...a birthday table full of forever brothers and sisters!!!!  God is so good!


Last year, Xin Riuying and Zhu Fu (Keith) were together at New Day.  By God's providence Kevin (formerly Ba Jian Ping---well, he'll always be Ba Jian Ping!)  got to be present at Krisha's 2nd birthday party at New Day.  We ALL got to be there...it was so so special.  Words cannot describe it!  Kylie was there.  Meredith was there.  It was surreal.  And I got to see Kevin, Keith, and Crickett all together for the first time.  Our three New Day blessings.




And here are Kevin, Crickett, and Keith on her 3rd birthday!  Together forever!
 We had so much fun celebrating Crickett!  She was the HAPPIEST birthday girl EVER!  I told her I wished it was her birthday everyday!  She is such a delight!
 ...and she still has the infamous "trying too hard to smile" smile!
 ....so loved!

...so very very loved!!!

8 comments:

The Crazy Eight Toering Clan said...

I LOVE Krisha/Crickett and I am SO glad I got to be there for her birthday celebration last year!!!!! That special week when I met you all for the first time is forever saved in my heart :) So sad I missed the big ol' party this summer...but tell sweet Crickett that I'm headed back to the South in 2 short weeks and I'm bringing that girl some ice cream!!! Yay Crickett! Hugs to you all!

Symasek Family Circus said...

Oh, I LOVE IT!!! Oh, how my HEART misses New Day!!! Those 2 year old birthday photos brought tears to my eyes! Oh, to just be able to blink and be back there!
Happy Birthday Crickett!!
love,
The Symaseks

KK said...

Happy happy birthday my 'George'!!!!!!!!! I love you so so much!!!!!!!

Your sister forever,
KK

The Princess's Mommy said...

OH Laine...that smile...seriously, I could just eat her up!!! Happy Birthday, sweet Crickett! I hope your day was awesome!

Love ya,
~M

The Byrd's Nest said...

Just the look on his little face shows how much he loves his Crickett:)

Dollar General said...

Krisha just went with our Team to the DR. HOW COOL IS THAT!?! So neat!

Kristi said...

Oh I love this story! And I adore that sweet little girl! Happy, happy birthday Crickett ~ even if a little late.

and the God story behind you getting to celebrate her 2nd birthday, while in China ~ at NEW DAY?
Love it! I love how He showers us with tiny blessings all the time...

Our Journey to China said...

I am a little late also, but....Happy Happy Birthday, Sweet Crickett! Oh, how we cannot wait to meet you and Keith and give lots of squeezes (if you will let us). :) God works miracles for His children, everyday. What an awesome blessing to be able to witness them on the sidelines as God moves mountains for the Fab Ferrills and M6s with their New Day sweethearts and all of those inbetween for us all! :)