Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Things I Am Excited About Part 1


Sigh.

Life is so full of LIFE. (you can quote me on that extremely theological and profound statement)

Amidst the birthdays and memorial services, we've had some other thingies going on, not gonna mention them right now.... BUT, I have also had a couple of things on my mind that I just can't wait to share!

#1 A very precious couple we know is ADOPTING! Hop over to Anna and Jacob Morgan's BLOG
to read about their exciting news and fundraiser!!!!

#2 God has laid a very precious little girl on my heart and I want her to have a Christian forever family sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly!

Her name is Lucy and she lives at New Day! We have had the blessing of meeting Lucy THREE times. Three! I love this girl! The first time was in 2010 when we adopted Kevin. Lucy was in the Healing Home with Kevin. The 2nd and 3rd time were last year when we went to New Day in the summer and fall.
Lucy is such a precious child! She was born January 17, 2008. She came to the Healing Home at New Day in April 2009. She had surgery for neurological issues. Now Lucy lives with a foster family! Her foster mother wrote this about Lucy recently:
"Lucy is a cuddly child who likes to say hello to everyone who passes by. She has a warm spirit and welcomes visitors by asking for a hug. Lucy has made new progress in physical activities, speech, and intelligence. She used to fall quite a bit but now she is very stable and can even run. She is a good listener and reacts quickly when her foster mom and dad ask her to do things. Lucy has also learned to say a lot of phrases such as ,“I want go to class", "I want to play", "I want water", "I want to eat", and best of all "I want to drive the car!"

What a sweetheart! When we all went to China in November to adopt Keith and Crickett, my mom "Grandmart" went with us. Well, Grandmart and Lucy bonded, let me tell you! Lucy called her "Nai Nai" (grandmother) and pulled her by the hand all over the pre-school room to play with her! Lucy is a little social butterfly! She is delayed, but definitely NOT defined by any delays! She is a sunshine, as you can see from the picture above of her in the wheat.

Having adopted a developmentally delayed child, I know it is challenging and hard...but SO worth it. The strides these children make are amazing. Please don't be afraid to adopt a child who might face mental challenges. God has an amazing plan for all His children...and He does not show favoritism! ALL children deserve a home and a family and the chance to learn about Jesus. ALL children, no matter their special need. If you or someone you know is interested in adopting Lucy, please email me....laineferrill@gmail.com

And later I'll post "Things I Am Excited About Part 2....."




2 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is a cutie patootie!!!!!! Praying for little Lucy:)

Sherri said...

She looks like a Ferrill to me.