Saturday, November 17, 2012

In Awe....

Awesome God!

The Rockathon was last night...and though I don't have time to share every detail right now, I just wanted to quickly update about the amazing night.

Thank yall so much for praying, rocking, baking, sponsoring, and supporting!!!!

The highlights of the night were a special skype call with the New Day South children...oh my...so sweet!

And Doug and Janice and Sarah Grace Bush were able to be there last night!!!!  AMAZING!

And the songs, testimonies, encouragement, fellowship...precious.

I am in tears as I type this....

God brought in over EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS for New Day South!!!!!

Yall...

Just a little bitty Rockathon in Pinson, Alabama.  Just a sweet humble church, Agape Baptist, opening their hearts and doors.  Just a bunch of families coming out to rock and support the fatherless.

And God over all.

Praises to Him!!!!!!!

I will share much more...(I hope!) in the days to come....as I continue to process this FUN AMAZING NIGHT!

Here is an excerpt from an email I got this morning from one of our rocking families:

"PRAISE THE LORD!!!!This is another very clear example of how we, as His children, are to be obedient to His call.  He can take our small efforts (recall: 2 fish & 5 loaves of bread) and turn them into HUGE results (recall: feeding 5000+).  HE obviously did this very thing last night.  It is not about what we do ... it is ALL about what HE faithfully does ... over & over & over again!!!  Isn't it neat how He allows us to be apart??"

If you were there last night, will you please leave a comment about your favorite part?  (Sorry, I just love to hear people's favorite part!)

8 comments:

Paula said...

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

Here are the Fargies favorite things ...

Husband: butterfinger cookies
Paula: feeling like I was at a family reunion!
Anna: giving Crickett cookies ... LOTS of cookies. :)
Caleb and Mary Claire: hanging out with friends.

Rebekah said...

I loved ALL of it, especially seeing how God does take the little and use it to produce exactly what He wants!

It was also such a pleasure to meet Doug and Janice, and it was fabulous skyping with Anneli and those precious, precious babies. It made the world seem just a little bit smaller. . . .

Thank you, Ferrills, for being willing, obedient servants of the Lord. God uses your humble, servant-hearts over and over, and it points everyone around you to Jesus.

jhand said...

Praise God for His many blessings, and for your faithful service to Him!!

Aaron and Erica said...

WooHoo!! That is amazing!! I'm praising God over here in Huntsville!! Love you my friend...

The Byrd's Nest said...

WOW...that is an amazing amount! I love the Ferrill family and the way God moves them:)

MamaHen said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Kristi said...

Uh-mazing! Absolutely amazing!

One day it is going to work for us to be there with you in person for the event instead of praying along with you from afar.

Miss you all so!

Kristi

southern cheesehead said...

I love reading these God results!! Oh my soul I'm so excited! We loved the skype session too...can't believe that I got to see those precious babies and FINALLY got to meet the Bush family that we've prayed for for so long! Oh God, bless them beyond measure as they care for these precious children!!!!!!