Sunday, July 28, 2013

Let's Go Camping!!!

We had some plans change this weekend so we decided to make the most of it and camp at the land Friday night!  I admit, I was a little scared to tent camp with all our littles.  We used to tent camp often when we had 4 children.  But we hadn't camped since then, and now there are 10!  AND, we have NEVER camped without running water or a bathroom.  And our land doesn't have either of those yet!  Sooooooo.... I was nervous about how all of this was gonna go.  Not to mention, some of our friends got wind that we were going to camp at the land for the first time, and let's just say I was a little concerned about being scared half to death in the middle of the night by a practical jokester!!
But it all turned out great.... And I can't wait until we do it again!
Rob got us a little $6.00 potty with disposable bags and it was a lifesaver!
The kids had the time of their lives!  Catching crickets....(Crickett said "there's 2 Cricketts mom!")
Rob and Colby really wanted to shoot the beaver that is making a mess at our pond.... But the beaver didn't show himself.  Oh well.


Our littles couldn't believe they were actually going to sleep outside in a tent!!  They were so hilarious!
Been a long time since Rob and I have tent camped and the next morning proved it as our older bodies were moving pretty slow!

We roasted hot dogs and s'mores and sat around the campfire Friday night.  It was so much fun!  Now that we've done it, and we see that it worked out great, wanna come join us some time?   :)


11 comments:

Jennifer Taylor said...

That looks like so much fun!! Love bathe Camp Ferrill shirts!

MamaHen said...

You are such a brave brave woman Laine. Amazing.

Paula said...

Who are you and what have you done with my friend Laine???

Ruth Marie said...

Oh I would love to join you sometime looks like you guys had a blast

Kristi said...

I just KNEW y'all were our type of folks. Next reunion a camping adventure?

MISS you all something fierce!

Symasek Family Circus said...

Ok. So, I had to laugh out loud at Paula's comment because as I recall...you once asked me, "So, are you a city girl or a country girl? I'm a city girl...I'd like to say that I was a country girl." Well, guess what?? You can now, officially say that you are a country girl. I think camping with 10 children and no running water classifies as full-on "countrified"...
Love and prayers

Sherri said...

HOW MANY TENTS DID YOU NEED FOR ALL THOSE KIDS?????

Just kidding--we love camping. We have a large 3 room tent for us and the girls (each big girl bunks with a little girl) and the boys stay in our old tent.

It looks like you had great fun!

Global Girl said...

Just wanted to let you know that I recently spent a day with your newest son at NDS. He is... A CHARACTER (I'd also met both K and K at ND in Beijing in 2010). C is goofy and cuddly. You are going to have so much fun with him!!

:)
Kate

Meredith T. said...

Oh me me me me me!!!!! Can I PLEASE come camping with you all on the land when I come visit?? Miss me some Ferrills!!!

Desiree' said...

Looks like so much fun!! I still need to redo your blog!! oh and you can see a picture of our sweet girl here: www.bandsofloveforrachel.blogspot.com
We are over the moon in love :)

Our Journey to China said...

Oh my!! I just can't stop saying that... OH MY!! I am sooooo behind! I had "lost" my links to your blog and others. :( I just got them back again- HOORAY! So...you decided.... land!! Enough for squatters?! We will be down! lol! I need to call and catch up! Love and miss you guys!!! And to you and Kristi.....tents, bugs, tents, bugs, "Oh, my!" I will try. :) Sending you BIG hugs!!