Saturday, July 13, 2013

Welcome Home KK!

What a sweet sight to see as I pulled in the driveway with their sister that they missed so much!


It is nice to be all under one roof again.... Well almost all of us!   
Once we get those elusive LOAs, we will be one giant step closer to getting Corrie and Cooper here too!

One of my favorite things Katie Lyn told me about the trip is the way the Nicaraguan women minister to each other.  She was able to tag along on some visits to some home bound sisters in Christ, and she was amazed at what she witnessed.  She said the Nicaraguan women come to others in need with the Word of God, with hymns and praise songs, and with fervent prayer. She said its not like how we minister.   We bring food when there is a need.   She said the only food they bring is the Word!
Isn't that what people need the most?  I was encouraged and convicted all at the same time.  Those Nicaraguan women pour themselves into ministry like this.   Do I?   Or do I just offer a quick word like "I'm praying for you" and maybe bring a meal and then go to my next task?  I want to be a woman who pours.  I want to minister to my children like this... To Rob... And to my Sisters in need.  The powerful Word of God is the main thing we need to bring to others.   Food is helpful, of course!  But through Katie Lyns trip I am challenged to give more to others than I have been.   So thankful for the way God works through ways we cannot imagine!

Colossians 3:16-17 "Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of The Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I'm so thankful that she made it back safely and that her trip went so well. It surely is amazing to see another culture through the eyes of Jesus:) Love your sweet girl:)

Meredith T. said...

Come on LOA's!!!! So glad that KK made it home safely! I miss that line of kiddos! When I fly into Birmingham to visit, I'm calling you all to be my welcoming community!! :)

Kristi said...

I LOVE how your kids love each other!
Praying little "breath prayers" throughout each day about your LOAs so that the next two will soon be in that welcoming committee.

(and I just had to add that with the way Clay is holding his two letters, it looked like they were Rs instead of Ks ~ I thought it was some Alabama thing at first, "Welcome Homerr!" :) )

Our Journey to China said...

So proud of you KK! Our church currently has a team of youth there working with an orphanage our church has partnered with for years. I pray they all can be a part of such wonderful ministering like you were blessed to be. You are an inspiration to me, KK. I agree with your mama, conviction and encouragement are hand in hand and much prayer is needed on my part to be the minister God would have me to be. Thank you for your sweet, sweet spirit and your faithfulness. We love you sweet, KK!